- Saturday | September 8, 2018
- 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Clement Street between 5th and 8th Avenue
It will take place on Saturday, September 8th, 2018, on Clement Street between 5th and 8th Avenues, from 11:00am to 3:30pm. This festival is organized in collaboration by: Clement St. Merchants Association, Richmond District Neighborhood Center, Community Youth Center of San Francisco, the Office of Assemblymember Phil Ting and the Office of Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer.
Autumn Moon Festival celebrations have been held throughout Asia for well over 1,000 years. This holiday is a time to reflect upon the bounty of the summer harvest, the fullness of the moon, and the myth of the immortal moon Goddess, Chang-O, who lives in the moon. The Moon Festival is often considered a “Chinese Thanksgiving” because of its celebration of gratitude and inclusion of abundant food – including the popular moon cake. The Autumn Moon Festival will be a fun, family-friendly event where attendees will have a taste of the cultural diversity of the Richmond District.
For more information, please contact:
- Angelina Yu at the Office of Supervisor Sandra Fewer at (415) 554-7411 or [email protected]
- Naomi Hui, Richmond District Neighborhood Center, at (415) 751-6600 or [email protected]
- Amiee Alden, Deputy District Director, Office of Assemblymember Phil Ting at (415) 557-2312 or [email protected]