|Position||Academic Instructor (Credential Teacher) – (Balboa High School)|
|Salary||$53-$56/Hour, 40 hours/week|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Temporary Full Time, Non Exempt (Temporary Summer Position: 6/2/22-7/22/22)|
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Academic Instructor is responsible for developing curriculum and leading academic lesson plans to high school students. This position will teach core academic subject classes for high school age youth and/or incorporate academic learning through enrichment or project based learning activities. Incorporate opportunities for leadership development and college/career exploration and readiness as appropriate. (Note: This is an in-person summer program which will be offered at a school site.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop curriculum and lead academic lesson plans to support school year and summer learning.
- Teach core subject classes and/or incorporate academic learning through enrichment or project based learning activities.
- Provide opportunities for leadership development and college/career exploration and readiness.
- Assist and support a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for middle school aged youth.
- Assist in supervision and ensure youth adhere to COVID health and safety protocols and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Support outreach and marketing strategies to recruit and retain youth in afterschool and summer programs.
- Collaborate with school and CYC staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested by funders and supervisor.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching credential certificate.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and/or 2 or more years of experience teaching and facilitating lesson plans or activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Ability to work and provide in-person services.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin, is a plus.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Academic Instructor (Credential Teacher) – (Balboa)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com