|Position||APIYFCSS Health Educator (1.0 FTE)|
|Salary||$20.00 – $22.00 per hour ($41,600 – $45,760 per year) plus benefits|
|Reports to||Project Director|
|Status||Full Time, Non-Exempt|
The API Youth & Family Community Support Services (APIYFCSS) Program adopts a MultiSystemic Therapy (MST) approach to address mental health stigma, limited access to linguistically and culturally appropriate services, and co-factors surrounding API youth and LGTBTQQ youth specific mental health issues such as violence, HIV/AIDS, and substance use. The program includes outreach, engagement activities, mental health assessment, case management and linkage to services through early identification, peer-led and parent-led support groups and activities, community education and services, community projects, and cultural identity activities for Transitional Age Youth ages 16-24. Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Health Educator will administer the full program of outreaching and providing both parent and youth with case management and early identification through assessments and resources and referrals as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Outreach to youth, community members, and schools.
- Build positive relationships with both parents and youth.
- Act as liaison amongst school personnel, community agencies and CYC.
- Provide case management for comprehensive services and linkages, advocate for clients, family access to services, and collaborate with all systems involved with the family.
- Prepare and complete required written documentation and reports.
- Maintain close contact with teachers and school staff to monitor participants’ progress.
- Assist in implementing youth-led, community-level projects addressing media messages to reduce Mental Health stigma.
- Facilitate workshops and presentations regarding various behavioral health topics to youth and parents/adults at various agency-wide and community-wide events.
- Assist in planning and organizing field trips and recreational activities.
- Make appropriate referrals to CYC programs and other agencies.
- Participate in planning and coordinating with funders and collaborating agencies.
- Attend community initiatives and advocacy meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or other relevant fields and minimum of two year experience working with youth, preferably including group facilitation.
- Bilingual in Cantonese and English is PREFERRED.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable discussing mental health, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, and other sensitive topics with youth and parents.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth and English learners.
- Ability to work with parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and outdoor activities.
- Ability to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Knowledge in alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs is a plus.
- Ability to pass Criminal Background/Live Scan and TB Clearances.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Health Educator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org