|Salary||$65K-$70K, plus excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
The Beacon Director is a key leadership position that will manage the overall operations of the CYC Aptos Beacon Center at Aptos Middle School. The Beacon Director is responsible for program development and management; staff training and supervision; program reporting and compliance; school and community partnerships; and implementation of the full Beacon Program Model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Development and Management:
- Responsible for overall development, management, marketing and quality control of the Beacon’s programs and services during school, after school, and summer.
- Oversee and manage the day-to- day operations of programs and site activities including those of partnering agencies.
- Provide leadership and oversight of grant implementation to ensure objectives align with school goals, funder requirements and program outcomes.
- Develop and manage strong organizational systems to address program expectations, performance and accountability, youth safety and supervision.
- Work with school leadership team and partnership committees to effectively link the school day to expanded learning opportunities for students, families and community.
- Integrate effective strategies for positive youth development, which include building and addressing needs of high-risk and special needs youth.
- Conduct evaluations and needs assessments and seek input from students, teachers, parents and community members to adapt Beacon programming to meet ongoing needs of students and families.
- Responsible for program budget management, grant compliance, reporting and meeting multiple program outcomes.
School and Community Partnerships:
- Cultivate and maintain close working relationships with Beacon collaborative partners, including school leadership team, community partners, beacon network, parents, funders, businesses, foundations and general community members to advance program goals.
- Serve as point person for agencies and programs interested in partnering with the school, and help broker new partnerships to establish a continuum of services for students and families.
- Participate in school meetings, community school team, and specialized meetings such as SSC, ILT, IEPs, etc, to enhance school day alignment and coordinate support services for youth.
- Conduct joint planning and coordination with Parent Liaison to ensure that families have meaningful opportunities for family engagement and school/Beacon involvement.
Staff Development and Supervision:
- Provide individual and team development through coaching and active supervision.
- Lead and facilitate staff trainings as well as work with Management Team to plan internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Handle human resources responsibilities, timesheets, performance evaluations, and incident reporting.
Administration and Resource Development:
- Oversee and monitor program compliance, including but not limited to participant registration, ratios, data collection, attendance tracking, and grant reporting.
- Prepare and manage all collaborative agreements and MOU’s.
- Work with resource development team to write grants, support fundraising events, and solicit financial and in-kind donations.
- Work with fiscal department on management of Beacon budgets as well as provide guidance and support to coordinators in managing program expenditures based on funder guidelines and accounting procedures.
- Participate on management team and support agency with strategic planning to strengthen agency and beacon operations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public administration, social services or related field plus five or more years of staff supervision and leading teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and implementing innovative and age appropriate youth development curriculums that address varying levels of learning needs and abilities.
- Experience building effective partnerships with schools, community based organizations, funders and parent groups.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and program audits; conducting data collection and analysis for data driven program decision-making; grant reporting and evaluation.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Beacon Director