|Position||CARC Case Manager|
|Salary||$22.00-$25.00/hour plus Benefits|
|Reports to||Program Director|
|Status||Full Time, Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Case Manager is responsible for providing service to high risk Asian and Pacific Islander youth and their parents in schools, community centers and the Juvenile Justice Center through coordinated intensive individual and family care management and outpatient mental health counseling.
The Case Manager will be primarily stationed at the Community Assessment Referral Center (CARC) in San Francisco. CARC’s mission is to provide a single point of entry for assessment, service integration, referral, crisis intervention and case management for arrested youth ages 11-17 in San Francisco.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assessments to determent needs of the youth on probation and their families.
- Attend court hearings and provide advocacy in courts for youth and their families.
- Provide individual & family care management and support and referral services.
- Develop individualized care plan and monitor implementation of treatment goals.
- Ensure service linkage to the mental health services including assessment and counseling sessions.
- Advocate for clients to reduce recidivism contact with juvenile justice system.
- Facilitate meetings with related parties during the intervention/reintegration processes.
- Maintain official contacts to schools, community organizations, Department of Public Health, Juvenile Probation Department, Public Defenders and attorney offices.
- Network with other service providers to establish liaisons and resources.
- Attend client review meetings, field visits, clinical meetings, and agency meetings as required.
- Work in conjunction with other CYC program to provide effective, comprehensive services.
- Prepare program documentations and reports.
- Support community events, activities, and other projects that promote violence prevention and reduction in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- B.A. preferred or 2+ years of experience in social services, care management, or related areas.
- Experience in conducting interviews and assessment with youth and parents.
- Experience working with San Francisco’s diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Experience in conducting support groups.
- Knowledge of San Francisco Juvenile Justice System.
- Knowledge of community based agencies serving youth in S.F.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with youth, parents and probation officers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and outdoor activities.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) highly preferred.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: CARC Case Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org