|Position||Family Engagement Coordinator|
|Salary||$41,600 – $47,840 per year, DOE +benefits|
|Reports to||Beacon Director|
Under the supervision of the Beacon Director, the Family Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing all family engagement initiatives within the CYC Aptos Beacon Center. Responsibilities include the development of programs and activities that promote greater involvement of parents/guardians in their children’s education and to build a strong sense of community within the school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive family engagement program that encourages high levels of family involvement and connection to school.
- Build and implement effective family engagement strategies and activities to empower students and their families to bolster student achievement and social emotional learning.
- Collaborate with school and Beacon leadership to develop common vision and goals as related to family engagement and support services.
- Serve as a liaison between school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Work collaboratively with the school team to conduct outreach activities and promote family events, participation in school committees, meetings, volunteerism, and other shared school wide initiatives.
- Plan and teach enrichment or educational programs in the afterschool program to better form relationships with students as an entry to meeting their parents/guardians.
- Facilitate and organize parent meetings, events and educational workshops to address issues impacting our families (i.e. navigating school systems, accessing support services, financial literacy, ESL classes, etc.)
- Foster collaborations and partnerships with community-based organizations to leverage in-kind services for the purpose of building resources and expanding program capabilities to assist families inside and outside of the school.
- Provide family-centered, strength-based, and culturally sensitive individual supports to families through intakes, social services referrals and enrollment.
- Design and prepare informational materials, written communications and multi-media materials for web and print distribution.
- Manage accurate program and client data collection and produce programmatic reports in a timely and consistent basis.
- Administer and collect evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Submit CYC Beacon forms including incident reports, time-cards, budgets, etc. in a professional and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, social work or other related fields plus minimum of two years youth development experience.
- Experience working with high risk families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, and implement programs.
- Experience building effective partnerships with schools, community based organizations, funders and community partners.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth and families.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends is required.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Family Engagement Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com