|Position||Program Assistant (Beacon)|
|Salary||$20.00 – $23.00/hour|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Temporary Full Time, Non-Exempt (Summer Position: 7/18/23, Must be able to work 8:30-5pm Mondays thru Fridays)|
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Assist is responsible for assisting with implementation and facilitation of a variety of academic and enrichment activities targeting middle school youth at the CYC Aptos Beacon Center. This includes co-leading curriculum and activities which incorporates skill building and project based learning that are fun and engaging for youth. Activities may include:
- Arts (i.e. painting, drawing, crafting, etc.)
- Mixed Sports (i.e. soccer, basketball, table tennis, skateboarding, etc.)
- Performing Arts (i.e. drama, voice, dance, etc.)
- Cooking, Gardening, Cultural Arts and Exploration
- Academic Tutoring
- Career & College Awareness
- STEAM (i.e. coding, 3D printing, game design, robotics, video/music production, etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-lead and help facilitate a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for middle school aged youth.
- Assist as floaters and back-up program leads as needed.
- Provide academic support to students as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Assist staff with preparing supplies and equipment for programs as requested.
- Collaborate with Beacon staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school, beacon and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- AA degree preferred or must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth is preferred.
- Some experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Experience working with ethnically diverse youth and families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason.
The Community Youth Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: Beacon Program Assistant
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org