|Position||Program Coordinator (Career Awareness Program)|
|Salary||$20-$23/Hour ($41,600-$47,840 per year), + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Director of Operations (Workforce Development Component)|
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, implementation, coordination, and management of the CYC Career Awareness and Exploration Program targeting middle school aged youth. Additional responsibilities include curriculum development, program facilitation, recruitment and retention of program participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive career awareness and exploration curriculum targeting middle school students.
- Recruit participants and implement strategies to ensure retention of youth for successful program completion.
- Conduct assessments to assist students in identifying and exploring their educational, vocational and career goals.
- Coach students and create Individual College and Career Plans (ICCP) that address student pathways to college and career planning.
- Engage student in college preparatory activities to build a college-going culture (i.e. academic planning, guidance on financial aid and college application process, preparing for personal statements, etc.)
- Build a strong network of employer contacts to recruit as guest speakers for curriculum delivery.
- Coordinate fieldtrips to high schools, college campuses, businesses, and vocational programs to increase youth knowledge of secondary and post-secondary education, business pathways, and career options.
- Conduct pre-employment and job readiness activities to prepare youth for internships and jobs (i.e. resume writing, interviewing skills, conducting internship/job search, job application completion, professionalism and workplace expectations, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and information about job markets, career fields, industry trends, and regional demands to provide guidance and support to students in pursuing their educational and career goals.
- Organize College/Career Fairs and culminating events/showcases to engage parents and to celebrate student achievements.
- Participate in school team meetings and coordinate with relevant administrators, faculty, student groups, staff, and CBO partners to promote program visibility and partnerships.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce reports for granting agencies as necessary.
- Ensure program goals and outcomes are met as stated in work plan.
- Coordinate and implement program evaluations as requested by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Collaborate with other CYC Workforce Development Programs to implement events, activities, and other projects to further the goals of the youth workforce development department.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus minimum of 2 years youth development experience. Experience in areas of career and educational planning, counseling, or
advising a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, facilitate and implement programs.
- Experience building effective partnerships with schools, community based organizations, funders and employer partners.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Project Coordinator (CAP)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com