|Salary||$25 – $27 per hour|
|Reports to||Program Manager|
|Status||Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Non-Exempt|
CYC’s Transition Opportunities and Programs for Success (TOPS) Program focuses on uplifting and motivating youth ages 14-24 with limited English language skills. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the TOPS Transitional Age Program Coordinator will be responsible for provide youth who are English Language Learners with case management, job and college readiness skills development, social emotional support, and acculturation guidance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing curriculum and facilitating job and college readiness skills training workshops
- Assess and develop individual action plan to address each program participants’ academic, employment goals, social and developmental needs during their life transition
- Provide college/corporate tours for high school and TAY students to explore successfully transition to post-secondary education and employment opportunities.
- Partner with CYC’s Workforce Development component to offer job readiness services and internship opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with CCSF, EOPS providing college preparation advising
- Maintain up-to-date list of available transferable credits to a 4 years’ college and jobs that are appropriate for participants
- Convene a community service-learning project
- Coordinate and facilitate activities at summer boot camp
- Track and report all program outcome and activities via data management system
- Attend all program and agency meetings/trainings
- Complete all required written documentation and reports
- Refer youth to appropriate services within CYC or other agencies
- Supporting program-wide events
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year College or University or minimum 2+ years’ experience delivering youth development programs.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English Language Learners to support their social and emotional needs during transition.
- Experience in conducting workshops for youth and parents.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Bilingual in English AND Cantonese/Mandarin language is REQUIRED.
- Ability to work as part of a team to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledgeable about college system and academic pathways
- Enthusiasm for promoting academic achievement and college education
- Demonstrated effective organization and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with PC-based software including Microsoft Office
- Excellent technology skills such as Google Suite and Zoom, etc.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: Program Coordinator – TOPS
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org