|Position||Program Coordinator (Young Asian Women Against Violence and Clementine Collective)|
|Salary||$26.00 – $30.00 per hour plus benefits|
|Reports to||Program Supervisor|
|Status||Full Time (40 hours/week), Non Exempt|
Young Asian Women Against Violence (YAWAV) is committed to prevent violence against Asian and Pacific Islander girls, young women, and non binary youth, particularly dating / domestic violence and sexual assault. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, a team of young Asian women peer leaders (ages 15-18) will participate in intensive training, produce multilingual educational materials, outreach and educate schools and communities.
Clementine Collective is a support group and educational program for API LGBTQ+ youth to explore identity, history and culture. Peer Leaders in the program will develop their community building, empathetic communication, and leadership skills.
YAWAV and Clementine Collective are two programs under the same grant. They will meet separately throughout the program year.
The Program Coordinator will coordinate both YAWAV and Clementine Collective. The Program Coordinator is responsible for developing and facilitating curriculum for the peer leaders, coordinating workshops and events with community members, supervising the Program Specialist, and meeting other grant requirements. The Program Coordinator will be an advocate and community liaison to raise public awareness of gender-based violence and trans / queer issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit and supervise diverse team of young Asian women, and LGBTQ+ youth as peer leaders
- Provide supervision and training to the Program Specialist
- Coordinate youth training and develop curriculum as necessary
- Work with peer leaders to develop and implement action plan
- Oversee development of educational presentations and materials
- Outreach to community organizations to set up presentations
- Support the development of peer leaders’ skills
- Attend community initiatives, collaborative and advocacy meetings related to gender based violence
- Attend appropriate conferences and events along with peer leaders
- Provide case management to girls who are victims of violence
- Prepare program documentation and reports
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work in partnership with young women and non-binary youth to support their leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields
- Commitment to preventing all forms of violence against girls, women, and non-binary youth
- Understanding the impacts of trauma, violence, and healing methods on individuals and communities
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Bilingual/biliterate in English and an Asian language, preferably Chinese or Vietnamese
- Experience in advocacy or community education
- Knowledge of San Francisco’s Asian/Pacific Islander communities and resources for victims of violent crime
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Experience working with queer / questioning / gender non-conforming youth
- Build and maintain relationships with community-based service providers, school districts, and youth agencies
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a sample lesson plan in PDF (.pdf) or Word Doc (.doc) format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Coordinator (YAWAV and CC)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com