|Wellness Services Coordinator
|$62,868 – $72,880/year plus excellent benefits
|Full Time; Exempt
The Wellness Services Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, management, marketing and quality control of our Wellness Services and Family Engagement Programs. Duties include service coordination with the school’s Coordinated Care Team and CBO partners, provide leadership and oversight of Family Engagement programming, and lead new initiatives as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as point person for coordinating Beacon Wellness Services. This includes managing the intake and assessment system for youth being referred to or needing case management, mental health counseling or other student support services.
- Provide case management services to high risk youth and/or youth who experience behavioral issues and/or challenges.
- Supervise Wellness Services staff and interns and provide coaching and support.
- Lead the Coordinated Care Team and participate in school site SAP/SSC/IEP, and other meetings as necessary to provide coordination of support services to youth and families.
- Assist in school and afterschool youth conflict mediations and provide training on use of restorative practices.
- Develop curriculum and conduct youth life skills groups and parent workshops.
- Provide guidance, training and policy development to staff on areas such as child abuse reporting, confidentiality, maintaining boundaries, personal safety, conflict mediation and restorative practices, etc.
- Coordinate, supervise and oversee the academic coaching and support team.
- Manage program budgets as necessary.
- Ensure all participant data records, progress case notes, and narrative reports are completed in a timely manner to meet agency and funder compliance.
Family Engagement and Partnerships:
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive family engagement program that encourages high levels of family involvement and connection to school.
- Build and implement effective family engagement strategies and activities to empower students and their families to bolster student achievement and social emotional learning.
- Collaborate with school, PTSA, and Beacon leadership to develop common vision and goals as related to family engagement and support services.
- Work collaboratively with the school team to conduct outreach activities and promote family events, participation in school committees, meetings, volunteerism, and other shared school wide initiatives.
- Facilitate and organize parent meetings, events and educational workshops to address issues impacting families.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or other human services background and 2 years equivalent experience in adolescent development.
- Experienced in providing staff supervision and development is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Possess high level of personal organization, attention to detail and follow through with a strong ability to keep a cool head in stressful and high-energy environments.
- Ability to collect and interpret data for decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of constituents and have ample knowledge of cultural norms of youth and families living in urban communities.
- Strong organizational skills such as: records keeping, event planning, space scheduling and coordination, computer/internet use, and administrative skills.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and do data analysis.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Bilingual Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog strongly preferred.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Wellness Services Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com