|Position||Program Specialist – (JRELL)|
|Salary||$23.00 – $27.00 / hour + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Program Manager|
|Status||Full Time, Non-Exempt|
CYC’s Job Readiness for English Language Learners (JRELL) Program focuses on uplifting and motivating youth ages 14-24 with limited English language skills. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the JRELL Program Specialist will be responsible for comprehensive vocational training and employment services, including job readiness skills training, job/career/educational goal identification, individualized job search support, job development, on-the-job coaching and on-going work-based vocational assessment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing curriculum and facilitating vocational training workshops including resume writing assistance, job interview skill-building and strength/talent identification
- Providing personal and vocational guidance for youth using vocational and interest assessments, and developing individualized vocational goals and plans with participants
- Providing on-going job placement assistance for promotional opportunities and re-employment when jobs end
- Providing case management and referral service to high-need youth and young adults, assisting with job placement and milestone verification
- Counseling participants in resolving personal issues that may affect work/school performance
- Maintain up-to-date list of available jobs that are appropriate for youth
- Cultivate relationships with employers, developing jobs for youth and young adults
- Complete all required written documentation and reports
- Refer youth to appropriate services within CYC or other agencies
- Supporting program-wide events
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year College or University or minimum 2+ years’ experience delivering workforce development programs.
- Bilingual in English AND Cantonese/Mandarin language is REQUIRED.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English Language Learners to support their social and emotional needs during transition.
- Experience in conducting interviews and assessments with youth and parents.
- Experience in conducting workshops for youth and parents.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Ability to work as part of a team to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with job-seeking and job coaching skills
- Demonstrated effective organization and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with PC-based software including Microsoft Office
- Excellent technology skills such as Google Suite and Zoom, etc.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to CYC via email
Attn: Program Specialist – JRELL
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org