|Position||Program Specialist (Table Tennis)|
|Salary||$19.00 – $22.00 Per Hour|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
|Status||Full Time, 30 Hours/Week, Non-Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Program Specialist is responsible for building the CYC Table Tennis Program and mentoring a cohort of 20 youth to develop strong table tennis and leadership skills to become Peer Leaders. With the support of the Program Specialist, Peer Leaders will play in tournaments as well as be trained to plan and organize tournaments (i.e. Mayor’s Ping Pong Festival and Autumn Moon Festival Ping Pong Tournament), special events and workshops, help coach elementary and middle school youth and provide youth-led activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and oversee the CYC Table Tennis Program as well as a variety of sportsmanship building and fitness activities for middle and high school aged youth.
- Coordinate community wide fitness events and work with stakeholders from different institutions.
- Lead demonstration and training in Table Tennis.
- Organize tournaments and provide support and strategies to participants in tournament settings.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in afterschool programs and engagement their families in community events.
- Collaborate with school based programs and CYC staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with staff and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships between programs and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with ethnically diverse youth and families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs&sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Specialist (Table Tennis)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org