|Program Specialist – YAWL (Workforce Development Program)
|$23-$27/Hour plus excellent benefits
|Full Time; Non-Exempt
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for program planning and implementation, coordinating and facilitating employment readiness workshops/trainings, and providing high quality youth workforce and development services. The Program Specialist prepares youth and young adults (age 16-24) for higher education and job readiness skills that leads them to employment, postsecondary education, or further industry recognized sector training. This position will also support adults with job readiness skills development, employment search and placements as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and manage the development and implementation of youth and adult workforce programs.
- Conduct assessments and provide 1:1 case management services to assist with barrier removal.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate job readiness training workshops which include but are not limited to: resume writing, job interview skill development, professionalism, job search, and strength/talent identification.
- Provide career guidance to youth and assist youth with individualized education and career planning services.
- Coordinate GED attainment services, tutoring services, and basic skills remediation.
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with other post secondary educational and training services to support youth.
- Outreach and recruit employers to serve as host sites for work-based learning internships and provide on-going support to worksite supervisors.
- Provide job search and placement assistance to youth and conduct follow ups for retention services.
- Coordinate worksite visits, college tours, career spotlights, and special events as assigned.
- Ensure all deliverables are met as stated in the grant workplan.
- Ensure that all program development incorporates local “Youth Program Quality Standards”.
- Prepare program participants for unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Counsel participants in resolving personal issues that may affect work/school performance.
- Cultivate relationships with employers to develop employment opportunities for youth and young adults.
- Complete all required written documentation and reports as required to meet funder compliance.
- Support agency-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Two years of experience working with youth, preferably within youth workforce development programs.
- Previous experience in program facilitation and providing 1:1 supports.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to provide social and emotional support.
- Experience working with San Francisco’s diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Experience facilitating workshops for youth and young adults.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin/Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for promoting academic achievement and college to career education.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Specialist – YAWL
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com