|Salary||$19.24-$20.50/hour, plus Benefits|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
The Asian Youth Prevention Services (AYPS) focuses on preventing alcohol and other drug use through workshops, recreational activities, case management and support groups. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will develop and implement prevention programs to target, address and confront community norms and media messages to reduce use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement program to target, address and confront community norms and media messages to reduce use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Empower and foster the peer leaders to be self-direct, make responsible choices and participate as group members in decision making.
- Implement youth development practices and provide opportunities for peer leaders to given back by contributing to the program, to other youth, or to their larger community.
- Facilitate presentations to youth and parents/adults
- Work with school administration, teachers and agency staff to schedule classroom presentations.
- Contribute to modification of curriculum.
- Participate in planning and coordinating with funders and collaborating agencies.
- Act as liaison between school personnel, agencies and CYC.
- Coordinate student and family involvement in special events.
- Coordinate and supervise field trips and recreational activities.
- Provide case management to selected youth.
- Complete required written documentation.
- Assist with development and implementation of agency-wide projects.
- Make appropriate referrals to CYC programs and other agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years experience working with youth, preferably including counseling and group facilitation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth.
- Ability to work with parents, teachers and school administrators.
- Enthusiasm for promoting prevention education.
- Willing to work on evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual/bicultural (Chinese/Cantonese) a plus.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and outdoor activities.
- Ability to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Knowledge in alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs is a plus.
- Ability to pass Criminal Background/Live Scan and TB Clearances.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Project Coordinator (AYPS)