|Position||Psychological Associate – Postdoc Program Clinician|
|Salary||$30 per Hour plus excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Program Director (Behavioral Health Component)|
|Status||Full Time; Non-Exempt (8 hour shifts – Monday to Friday)|
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco (“CYC”) is currently looking to hire a full-time Psychological Associate who is looking to earn a stable income while gathering hours toward licensure under the Board of Psychology. Our ideal candidate is a bilingual clinician interested in working with low-income AAPI minorities in San Francisco. Our training focuses on utilizing humanistic, behavioral, and psychodynamic treatments within the context of community mental health.
You will be provided with:
– Individual weekly supervision with a licensed psychologist (one hour)
– Weekly group supervision and Didactic training (two hours)
There are also opportunities to do research, run groups of your own design, and conduct comprehensive assessments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director and Behavioral Health Component Program Director, the Postdoc Program Clinician is responsible for providing clinically appropriate assessment and therapeutic support services for youth between the ages of 10-21. Most services will be school or community-based in San Francisco public schools with teens and their families.
- Provide assessment and individual, family, group therapy with identified youth and families, including parent emotional support and training.
- Develop and conduct activities that address each youth’s unique social, emotional and behavioral needs through skill development in such areas.
- Provide case management services for comprehensive services and linkages, advocate for client and family access to services, and collaborate with all systems involved with the family.
- Deliver services in a manner convenient to families which may include occasional home visits or evening calls.
- Work with the parent/family to motivate and reinforce their child’s behavioral changes.
- Maintain clinical documentation in compliance with SFDPH required standards.
- Act as liaison between all systems (i.e. schools, Juvenile Probation Department, Public Defender’s Office, community partners) and CYC.
- Contribute to any quality improvement/outcome measurement tracking, development, and data gathering as assigned.
- Make appropriate referrals to CYC programs and other agencies.
- Participate in CYC agency fundraising and community outreach events
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Be eligible to obtain a Psychological Associateship with the California Board of Psychology
- Experience working with Asian-Pacific Islander (API) youth and families with mental health issues
- Excellent oral communication Bilingual/bicultural (Cantonese or Mandarin preferred).
- Experience using Avatar (SFDPH electronic record) is a definite plus
- Knowledge of community-based agencies in San Francisco
- Excellent oral and written communication Bilingual/bicultural (Cantonese or Mandarin).
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Enter on Subject line: Attn: Psychological Associate – Postdoc Program Clinician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org