|Position||Special Events Assistant|
|Salary||$17.00 – $20.00 per hour|
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Status||Temporary Full Time (2/1/19-4/30/19); Non-Exempt|
The Special Events Assistant works closely with the Executive Director, Grants Development & Communications Manager, and other staff to ensure that the agency’s special events goals and outcomes are met. This position is responsible for assisting with the production of fundraising and marketing materials, coordination and planning of special events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and produce special events marketing materials and program flyers.
- Assist with drafting and editing publications, brochures, media kits, and other collateral materials as needed.
- Design and build website and social media content and upload/posts for special events.
- Outreach to community stakeholders and merchants about the special events.
- Coordinate with special events vendors and procure program supplies.
- Maintain files and track in-kind solicitations and donations.
- Assist in organizing special events/programs for staff and agency.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience in graphic design and content development.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Cantonese/Mandarin/Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for special event coordination.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Special Events Assistant
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com