|Position||Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Counselor|
|Salary||$19.00 – $22.00/Hour, DOE|
|Reports to||Project Manager (Education Component)|
|Status||Part time (.50 PTE); Non-Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the TAY Counselor will provide youth who are
English Language Learners with case management, job and college readiness skills development,
social emotional support, acculturation guidance and support the JRELL-RISEUP program.
CYC’s RISE-UP! Program focuses on outreaching and providing 2 years of wrap-around
services to transitional age youth (TAY) who are between ages 17-24 with limited English
language skills and completed at least 200 high school credits. The purpose of the program is to
equip them with skills and knowledge to navigate through post-secondary education and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Target city-wide outreach and recruitment focusing on English Language Learners between ages of 17-24.
- Conduct wrap-around assessment, case management, social emotional development workshops, and life skills training.
- Establish Individual Action Plan (IAP) with youth to track academic and/or employment goals.
- Monitor each participants’ progress toward fulfillment of requirement for the program.
- Partner with CYC’s Workforce Development component to offer job readiness services and internship opportunities.
- Partner with SFUSD and/or ESL certified instructor to offer ESL tutoring services.
- Facilitate college preparedness workshops and inform community college/vocational training enrollment process.
- Convene a community service learning project.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities at summer boot camp.
- Track and report all program outcome and activities via data management system.
- Attend all program and agency meetings/trainings.
- Complete all required written documentation and reports.
- Assist with development and implementation of agency-wide projects.
- Follow CYC case management guidelines and protocols.
- Make appropriate referrals to CYC programs and other agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Bilingual in English AND Cantonese/Mandarin is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working and facilitating workshops with high school youth and/or youth development.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English Language Learners to support their social and emotional needs during transition.
- Experience working with San Francisco’s diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Knowledgeable about college system and academic pathways.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent English oral presentation and written skills.
- Enthusiasm for promoting academic achievement and college education.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends and at outdoor activities.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF (.pdf) format or Word Doc (.doc) format to CYC Main Office via [email protected]
Attn: TAY Counselor
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org