|Position||Program Coordinator (Workforce Development)|
|Salary||$20.00 – $23.00 per hour ($41,600 – $47,840 per year) plus benefits|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Status||Full Time; Non-Exempt|
The Young Adult Work Link (YAWL) prepares young adults (age 17-24) with basic education and technical skills that are contextualized around a specific industry sector leading to an articulated path to employment, post secondary education, further sector training or industry-recognized certification. YAWL provides services including job search assistance, job readiness workshops, and internship opportunities to young adults with barriers to employment. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Youth Young Adult Work Program Coordinator is responsible for program curriculum development, maintain program budget, oversee workshops/trainings, establish best practice program models, and provide qualitative/well-rounded youth workforce and development services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Young Adult Work Link program.
- Continuation of establishment and improvement of a robust Young Adult Work Link model.
- Target citywide outreach and recruitment focusing on priority populations.
- Conduct assessment, intensive case management, wrap around supportive services.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate vocational training workshops including resume writing assistance, job interview skill-building and strength/talent identification.
- Provide personal and vocational guidance for youth using vocational and interest assessments, and develop individualized vocational goals and plans with participants.
- Coordinate GED attainment services, tutoring services, and basic skills remediation.
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with other post secondary educational and training services.
- Contextualized job readiness training, subsidized internships and adult mentoring.
- Provide job placement assistance, follow up and retention services.
- Meet all deliverable deadlines according to “Work Plan” to ensure planning process, including design of program and service delivery plan, is comprehensive, timely and completed.
- Develop policy and procedure recommendations which articulate the comprehensive program model amongst the grantee and coalition partners.
- Ensure that all program development incorporates local “Youth Program Quality Standards”.
- Recruit worksite to host program participants for internships and providing support to worksite supervisors.
- Prepare program participants for unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Counsel participants in resolving personal issues that may affect work/school performance.
- Cultivate relationships with employers, developing jobs for youth and young adults.
- Complete all required written documentation and reports.
- Support agency-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience working with youth, preferably within youth workforce development programs.
- Previous experience in program coordination and development.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English learners to support their social and emotional needs during transition.
- Experience working with San Francisco’s diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Experience facilitating workshops for youth and young adults.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin/Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for promoting academic achievement and college education.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Coordinator (YAWL)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org