|Position||Program Safety & Support (Temporary)|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Temporary Full-Time, 40 hrs/wk
(Temporary Full-Time from 6/2/22-7/22/22 for summer program)
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Safety & Support position is responsible for overseeing the site safety of all CYC’s program at Aptos Middle School. This includes assisting with participant check-in, monitoring hallway, bathroom and classroom safety, addressing safety issues and concerns, and completing incident reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the site safety of all CYC’s program at Aptos Middle School.
- Set up table and assist with participant daily check-in and check-out.
- Monitoring hallways, bathrooms and classrooms to ensure youth are not roaming spaces to ensure site safety.
- Assist with daily program set-up.
- Report and address all incidents and safety concerns to supervisor and program leads.
- Build relationship and connections to parents and families to keep them informed youth progress in program.
- Actively supervise youth during fieldtrips and outings.
- Maintain positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Assist with marketing and outreach for programs.
- Support special events, cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school, beacon and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with program organization and inventory as requested.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices is a plus.
- Experience in safety trainings, classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with ethnically diverse youth and families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and lead safety protocols.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Safety & Support (Temp Position)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com