|Position||Academic Instructor (Credential Teacher) – (Chinatown Site)|
|Salary||$53-$56/Hour, 40 hours/week|
|Reports to||Program Supervisor|
|Status||Temporary Full Time, Non Exempt (Temporary Summer Position: 6/1/21-7/23/21)|
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Academic Instructor is responsible for developing curriculum and leading academic lesson plans for middle school and high school age youth. This position will teach core academic subject classes for middle school and high school age youth and/or incorporate academic learning through enrichment or project based learning activities. Provide opportunities for leadership development and college/career exploration and readiness as appropriate. (Note: This is an in-person summer program which will be offered at a community center site.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop curriculum and lead academic lesson plans to support school year and summer learning.
- Teach core subject classes and/or incorporate academic learning through enrichment or project based learning activities.
- Provide opportunities for leadership development and college/career exploration and readiness.
- Assist and support a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for middle school aged youth.
- Assist in supervision and ensure youth adhere to COVID health and safety protocols and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Support outreach and marketing strategies to recruit and retain youth in afterschool and summer programs.
- Collaborate with school and CYC staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested by funders and supervisor.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching credential certificate.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and/or 2 or more years of experience teaching and facilitating lesson plans or activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Ability to work and provide in-person services.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin, is highly preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Application Procedure: Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Attn: Academic Instructor (Chinatown Community Hub)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org