|Salary||$70K-$78K, plus excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Status||Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Non-Exempt|
The Beacon Director is a key leadership position that will manage the overall operations of the CYC Aptos Beacon Center at Aptos Middle School. The Beacon Director is responsible for program development and management; staff training and supervision; program reporting and compliance; school and community partnerships; and implementation of the full Beacon Program Model. Provide oversight of new initiatives as well as development and coaching for new programs.
Program Development and Management:
- Responsible for overall development, management, marketing and quality control of the Beacon’s programs and services during school, after school, and summer.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of programs and site activities including those of partnering agencies.
- Provide leadership and oversight of grant implementation to ensure objectives align with school goals, funder requirements and program outcomes.
- Develop and manage strong organizational systems to address program outcomes, performance and accountability, youth safety and supervision.
- Work with school leadership team and partnership committees to effectively link the school day to expanded learning opportunities for students, families and community.
- Integrate effective strategies for positive youth development, which include building and addressing needs of at-risk and special needs youth.
- Conduct evaluations and needs assessments and seek input from students, teachers, parents and community members to adapt Beacon programming to meet ongoing needs of students and families.
- Responsible for program budget management, grant compliance, reporting and meeting multiple program outcomes.
- Provide oversight support to new initiatives as well as development and coaching for new programs.
- Develop and regularly update safety guidelines that are in compliance with California and San Francisco’s Department of Public Health orders and guidelines as related to COVID-19. Ensure staff are following site safety and cleanliness procedures, reporting outbreaks, and handling site emergency incidents as directed.
- Provide leadership in navigating and transitioning to virtual programming as needed.
School and Community Partnerships:
- Cultivate and maintain close working relationships with Beacon collaborative partners, including school leadership team, community partners, beacon network, parents, funders, businesses, foundations and general community members to advance program goals.
- Serve as point person for agencies and programs interested in partnering with the school, and help broker new partnerships to establish a continuum of services for students and families.
- Participate in school meetings, community school team, and specialized meetings such as SSC, ILT, IEPs, SAP, etc, to enhance school day alignment and coordinate support services for youth.
- Conduct joint planning and coordination with Parent Liaison to ensure that families have meaningful opportunities for family engagement and school/Beacon involvement.
Staff Development and Supervision:
- Provide individual and team development through coaching and active supervision.
- Lead and facilitate staff trainings as well as work with Management Team to plan internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Handle human resources responsibilities, timesheets, performance evaluations, and incident reporting.
Administration and Resource Development:
- Oversee and monitor program compliance, including but not limited to participant registration, ratios, data collection, attendance tracking, and grant reporting.
- Prepare and manage all collaborative agreements and MOU’s.
- Work with resource development team to write grants, support fundraising events, and solicit financial and in-kind donations.
- Work with fiscal department on management of Beacon budgets as well as provide guidance and support to coordinators in managing program expenditures based on funder guidelines and accounting procedures.
- Participate on management team and support agency with strategic planning to strengthen agency and beacon operations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public administration, social services or related field plus five or more years of staff supervision and leading teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and implementing innovative and age appropriate youth development curriculums that address varying levels of learning needs and abilities.
- Experience building effective partnerships with schools, community based organizations, funders and parent groups.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and program audits; conducting data collection and analysis for data driven program decision-making; grant reporting and evaluation.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Beacon Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com