|Position||CYC Program Specialist (1.0 FTE)|
|Salary||$20.00 – $23.00 per hour plus benefits|
|Reports to||Program Supervisor|
|Status||Temp Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non Exempt (Temp Position from June 1, 2021 to July 30, 2021 with potential to continue as needed.)|
The CYC Program Specialist will work under the Community Hub Initiative in Chinatown, which supports high school and middle school students doing distant learning and offers enrichment activities. This program is to ensure students have a safe environment attending school and receiving academic supports from the staff. Staff will also act as a liaison between parents, youth and school. Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, Program Specialist is responsible for the overall implementation and service delivery of the Community Hubs Initiative targeting middle school and high school aged youth. Responsibilities include program development, facilitation, coordination and retention of program participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a variety of academic, recreation and enrichment curriculum targeting middle school and high school aged students.
- Provide small group supports to high need students during the school day to address challenges with virtual/distance learning.
- Teach and engage students in a variety of academic, recreation and enrichment activities.
- Actively supervise participants and ensure all equipment and supplies kept safe at all times.
- Adhere to Department of Public Health guidelines as related to
- COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff and participants.
- Assist with the cleanliness maintenance and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with site staff and supervisor as issues arise.
- Work parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between program and families.
- Work with Program Coordinator to do joint planning and ensure Community Hubs Initiative program outcomes are met.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related areas plus minimum of two years of care management experience.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to work and provide in-person services.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan.
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: Program Specialist
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org