Director, Human Resources & Administration
Salary Range: $114,400 – $135,200, FT 40 or 32 hours/week with full benefits employer-paid and generous PTO policies.
We will consider candidates with experience managing the HR Department. If you are an HR Manager or Sr HR Manager, this can be a professional growth opportunity for you!
Community Youth Center is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1970 with the mission of encouraging a diverse population of high-needs young people to explore their full potential through academic, career, family, and community life. CYC serves a diverse population of over 8,000 youth and families citywide and continues to respond to youth’s complex hardships and challenges in San Francisco.
Our programs include Behavioral Health, Community Outreach, Education, Intervention, Youth Leadership Development, Workforce Development, domestic violence education for Asian female youth, college applications and financial aid counseling, parenting and empowerment training for Chinese immigrant parents, financial literacy classes, and services assisting newcomer students.
CYC believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the mission and success of our youth. As a member of the senior management team and focal point leader of our greatest asset, our employees, the HR Manager/Director, significantly impact the organization’s strategic direction, culture, and overall success. You will revise, create and oversee all people practices across the organization, and serve as a coach to manager and staff. You will reposition HR as the people function.
Energize our HR Department
- Build and Optimize HR Practices End-to-End: You’re a proactive HR leader with deep roots in the people function. You will research, design, and effectively implement comprehensive HR programs in the following areas: Talent Acquisition & Retention, Onboarding, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Talent Assessment and Development, Staff Engagement, and Employee Relations. You will engage managers in these processes and apply your change management and communication expertise.
- Develop, innovate and own the process for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, talent management, and change management across the organization.
- Maximize the use of ADP Workforce Now to conduct research of CYC’s trends and people KPI’s.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Employee Experience & Engagement: You serve as a key strategic partner to the Executive Director and the Leadership Team to align HR programs and solutions to CYC’s goals, culture, and mission.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and coaching to managers to address employee engagement, retention, behavior, and performance concerns. Provide advice and assist with developing and delivering appropriate feedback, development plans, or corrective actions.
- Facilitate professional development, training, and learning for all staff.
- Create and execute employee recognition and communication events and activities.
- Ensure HR practices are people-centric and DEI aligned.
- Lead and develop the skills and capabilities of the HR & Administration Team.
- Effectively use and communicate a Total Compensation program.
- You love people and are a great listener. You enjoy acting as a Coach, Facilitator, Counselor, Mentor, Leader – everything people! You’re curious about what excites people, what makes them dream and achieve their goals.
- You’re a hands-on builder of HR processes and programs. No task is small for you.
- Exceptional communication, influencing, and relationship-building skills.
- BA in Business Administration, HR, or related area. A relevant combination of skills and experience will be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience leading the HR department, and supporting 100+ employees in multiple locations.
- Strong HR generalist background and hands-on approach. You feel confident conducting training to staff and managers.
- Proven experience managing ambiguity and complex situations while keeping others engaged.
- Experience working with a multi-cultural team and you’ve done work around you own biases, blind spots and assumptions.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in response to business pressures and people challenges.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
Ready to join CYC’s team? Here’s how to apply for this position:
Please email us your cover letter and resume via email.
- In your cover letter, please address how your work experience aligns with the functions outlined in the Energize our HR Department section of this job announcement.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com