|Position||Program Assistant (Temporary)|
|Salary||$18.00-$21.00 per Hour (June – 40 hours/week, July – 20 hours/week)|
|Reports to||Program Coordinator/ Program Supervisor(Workforce Development Component)|
|Status||Temporary; Non-Exempt (Position Ends: 7/31/22)|
Mayor’s Youth Employment and Education Program, one of CYC’s programs, is a workforce development program that provides subsidized employment experience and learning activities to over 400 San Francisco youth. The subsidized employment occurs at various nonprofit, private sector and public sector organizations throughout San Francisco. The Mayor’s Youth Employment & Education Program (MYEEP) Program Assistant will support an employment-based youth development program for youth ages 14-17 residing or attending school throughout San Francisco.
Do you want to support youth in learning skills that they wouldn’t learn in the traditional classroom such as job searching and professionalism? Do you want to make a lasting impact on the lives of underserved youth in San Francisco? Then join our team as our new Program Assistant!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, developing, and facilitating job readiness and personal-professional development curriculum to prepare 60+ program participants for potential internship experiences
- Facilitating workshops to meet program learning objectives
- Outreaching, recruiting, preparing worksite placements
- Checking in with and nurturing individual participants on a regular basis
- Foster collaboration and leadership with 2-3 Counselors-In-Training (CITs /youth leaders)
- Supporting and building relationships with youth participants
- Meeting with staff from the collaborating agencies
- Supporting program-wide events
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Experience working with diverse populations of youth
- Basic facilitation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with software including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Assistant – MYEEP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com