|Position||Program Coordinator (Community Hubs Initiative)|
|Salary||$22-$25/hour + Excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Sr. Program Coordinator (Education Component)|
|Status||Temporary Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non Exempt
(Temp Position from Sept. – Dec. 2020 with potential to continue as needed.)
Under the supervision of the Sr. Program Coordinator, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and oversight of the Community Hubs Initiative. The Program Coordinator will oversee the coordination of services and make certain the Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 health orders and guidelines are followed to ensure health and program safety for all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and coordination of academic, recreation and enrichment programs targeting middle school and high school aged students.
- Provide day to day logistical and program support to staff and program participants as needed.
- Support program staff in navigating school supports for high need students during the school day to address challenges with virtual/distance learning.
- Coordinate with school day teachers and counselors to identify and assist students with IEPS and 504 Education Plans to meet learning gaps and provide resources for supports.
- Buy, manage and ensure all program equipment and supplies are maintained, tracked, and protected at all times.
- Monitor, direct and comply with the Department of Public Health orders and guidelines as related to COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff and participants.
- Maintain the daily cleanliness and organization of all program supplies and shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Handle safety drills and report issues as they arise to supervisor.
- Coordinate with parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between program and families.
- Conduct program planning with Sr. Program Coordinator and staff team to ensure Community Hubs Initiative program outcomes are met.
- Lead daily staff check-in meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Oversee the accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus 2 or more years of experience planning and leading programs for youth.
- Experience supervising and supporting staff and volunteers a plus.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Coordinator (CHI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com