|Position||Program Coordinator (Community Hubs Initiative)|
|Salary||$22-$25/hour + Excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Sr. Program Coordinator (Education Component)|
|Status||Temporary Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non Exempt
(Temp Position from April 2021-July 23, 2021 with potential to continue as needed.)
Under the supervision of the Sr. Program Coordinator, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and oversight of the Community Hubs Initiative. The Program Coordinator will oversee the coordination of services and make certain the Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 health orders and guidelines are followed to ensure health and program safety for all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and coordination of academic, recreation and enrichment programs targeting middle school and high school aged students.
- Provide day to day logistical and program support to staff and program participants as needed.
- Support program staff in navigating school supports for high need students during the school day to address challenges with virtual/distance learning.
- Coordinate with school day teachers and counselors to identify and assist students with IEPS and 504 Education Plans to meet learning gaps and provide resources for supports.
- Buy, manage and ensure all program equipment and supplies are maintained, tracked, and protected at all times.
- Monitor, direct and comply with the Department of Public Health orders and guidelines as related to COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff and participants.
- Maintain the daily cleanliness and organization of all program supplies and shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Handle safety drills and report issues as they arise to supervisor.
- Coordinate with parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between program and families.
- Conduct program planning with Sr. Program Coordinator and staff team to ensure Community Hubs Initiative program outcomes are met.
- Lead daily staff check-in meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Oversee the accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus 2 or more years of experience planning and leading programs for youth.
- Experience supervising and supporting staff and volunteers a plus.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan.
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com
Attn: Program Coordinator (CHI)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org