|Position||Program Coordinator (Pre-sector & Work-based Learning Programs)|
|Salary||$20.00 – $23.00/hour|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Status||Full-time (1.0FTE); Non-Exempt|
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and providing comprehensive vocational training and workforce development programs to youth which include job readiness skills training, job/career/educational exploration, employment goal identification, and individualized internship and job search support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, manage and support youth through the Construction Pre-Sector Bridge and Workforce Development Programs.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate job-readiness training workshops which include resume writing, interviewing skill-building and strength/talent identification.
- Conduct intake assessments to assist students in exploring and identifying their educational, vocational or career goals to match youth interests and individual employment/career goals.
- Maintain case files and provide barrier removal and referrals to wrap around supportive services as necessary.
- Support outreach and recruitment of internships placements for students by researching and developing employer contacts in private and public sectors that match student interests and employer needs.
- Provide support and monitor participant progress and employer satisfaction through regular one-on-one check-in meetings and field visits.
- Build and foster strong relationships with business, community, college and civic partners to support college, career and internship opportunities for students.
- Assist in organizing career days, guest speakers, company field visits, college tours, etc. to expose youth to different industries and careers.
- Secure and managed MOU agreements between CYC and industry partners.
- Compile and maintain program case notes and records for both youth and hosting sites to track progress and program impact.
- Participate in network meetings and coordinate with relevant schools, CBO, businesses and funding partners to promote program visibility and coordinate service delivery.
- Complete funder reports and maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases.
- Collaborate with other CYC Workforce Development Programs to implement events, activities, and other projects to further the goals of the youth workforce development department.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year College or University or minimum 2+ years experience delivering workforce development programs.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of youth as well as English Language Learners to support their social and emotional needs.
- Experience in conducting interviews, assessments and workshops with youth and young adults.
- Ability to interact and build relationship with community-based service providers, employers and private sector business partners.
- Ability to work as part of a team to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with job-seeking and job coaching skills.
- Demonstrated effective organization and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency with PC-based software including Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese (Cantonese) is highly preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Coordinator – Pre-sector & WBL Programs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org