|Position||Program Coordinator (STEAM Program)|
|Salary||$23.00-$26.00 per hour, plus Benefits|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator (Education Component)|
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, implementation, coordination, and management of the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Art, Math) Programs at Balboa High School and support other CYC STEAM program staff as needed. The Project Coordinator will work closely with CYC staff, students, and school faculty to integrate school day learning outcomes and promote 21st century learning in out of school times. The Project Coordinator will also provide support to the STEAM Specialist at Aptos and ensure the STEAM program grant outcomes are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive STEAM program targeting youth 10-17 years old.
- Create curriculum and teach innovative, cutting edge STEAM programs such as coding, 3D printing, app/game design, robotics, filmmaking, music production, etc.
- Provide support to the STEAM Specialist at Aptos and ensure the STEAM program grant outcomes are achieved.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in programs.
- Conduct assessments and surveys to ensure program meets the interest of students and learning outcomes of the program.
- Ensure the program spaces are supervised and equipment is maintained, tracked, and protectedat all times.
- Provide IT support to the Balboa After School Program and help train and trouble shoot any technology related issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with the SFUSD Technology Department if technology issues arise.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Collaborate with school and staff to coordinate culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Administer and collect evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus 2 or more years of experience planning and facilitating STEAM/enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience with using and teaching any of the following: graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, 3D modeling tools such as SketchUp, TinkerCad, Blender, 3D printing, Laser Cutter, Vinyl Cutter, Heat Press, screen printing, filmmaking, music production, etc.
- Experience supervising and supporting staff and volunteers a plus.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese or Spanish is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Coordinator – STEAM
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com