|Position||Program Coordinator (Workforce Development)|
|Salary||$24-$27/Hour plus excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Sr. Program Coordinator|
|Status||Full Time; Non-Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Program Coordinator is responsible for Young Adult Worklink (YAWL) and Construction On-Ramp Programs. The position is responsible for leading program planning and implementation, coordinating and facilitating employment readiness workshops/trainings, and building relationships with private and public partners to provide work-based learning opportunities for clients. In addition, the Program Coordinator shall provide support and connection for clients to attend postsecondary education or further industry recognized sector trainings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of an adult and young adult focused workforce development program.
- Interview and assess education and employment needs of clients.
- Provide 1:1 case management services to assist clients with barrier removal.
- Assist participants with job search, placement and follow ups for retention services.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate job readiness training workshops which include but not limited to: resume writing, job interview skill development, professionalism, job search, and strength/talent identification.
- Provide career guidance to clients and assist with individualized education and career planning.
- Coordinate GED attainment and basic skills remediation services as needed.
- Collaborate with other workforce partners to for cross referrals and job linkages.
- Cultivate relationships with employers to create employment pipeline for clients.
- Counsel participants in resolving personal issues that may affect work/vocational training performance.
- Develop case plans and provide trainings on budgeting and financial planning.
- Conduct community outreach to recruit program participants.
- Design promotional fliers, brochures, social media posts and other marketing materials as needed.
- Organize and conduct employer engagement workshops and networking events to enhance program visibility in the community.
- Ensure all deliverable are met as stated in grant work plan and complete all required written documentation and reports as required to meet funder compliance.
- Ensure that all programs are delivered at a high level.
- Collaborate with agency’s workforce team to coordinate job fairs and support agency-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and two years of experience providing workforce development services is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in providing program facilitation and 1:1 case management supports.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income individuals.
- Experience working with San Francisco’s diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Experience facilitating workshops for young adults and young adults.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin/Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Program Coordinator (WF)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com