|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Temporary Part Time, 25 hrs/wk & Temp. Full-Time, 40 hrs/wk
(Temporary Part-Time Until June 1, 2022 for school year. Position will transition to Temporary Full-Time from 6/2/22-7/22/22 for summer program)
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a variety of academic and enrichment activities targeting middle school youth at the CYC Aptos Beacon Center. This includes designing curriculum and activities which incorporates skill building and project based learning that are fun and engaging for youth.
We are looking for multiple staff to teach one or more of the following enrichment activities:
- Arts (i.e. painting, drawing, crafting, etc.)
- Mixed Sports (i.e. soccer, basketball, table tennis, skateboarding, etc.)
- Performing Arts (i.e. drama, voice, dance, etc.)
- Cooking, Gardening, Cultural Arts and Exploration
- Academic Tutoring
- Career & College Awareness
- STEAM (i.e. coding, 3D printing, game design, robotics, video/music production, etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and oversee a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for middle school aged youth.
- Provide academic tutoring and assist students with their daily homework as needed.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in afterschool programs.
- Collaborate with school and Beacon staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school, beacon and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with ethnically diverse youth and families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan and guidelines.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: Beacon Program Leader (Temp Position)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org