|Position||Program Leader (Balboa HS)|
|Salary||$18-$21/Hour, 22 Hours/Week|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Part Time, Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a variety of academic and enrichment activities targeting high school youth at CYC’s Balboa After School Program. This includes designing curriculum and activities which incorporates skill building and project based learning that are fun and engaging for youth.
We are looking for multiple staff to teach one or more of the following specialized activities:
- STEAM (i.e. coding, 3D printing, game design, robotics, video/music production, etc.)
- Arts (i.e. painting, drawing, crafting, etc.)
- Mixed Sports (i.e. soccer, basketball, flag football, etc.)
- Performing Arts (i.e. drama, voice, dance, backstage tech, etc.)
- Cooking, Gardening, Cultural Arts and Exploration
- Academic Tutoring
- Career & College Awareness
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and oversee a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for high school aged youth.
- Provide academic tutoring and assist students with their daily homework as needed.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in afterschool programs.
- Collaborate with school and CYC staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan.
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Balboa Program Leader – PT
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com