|Position||Program Leader (Summer) – Elementary ASP|
|Salary||$21 – $24, DOE|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Temporary Part-Time, Non-Exempt
School Year: 5/23/23 – 6/2/23 (20 hours)
Temporary Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will work as a team to build a positive and supportive environment for elementary school aged children. The Program Leader will provide support to the After School Program/Summer Program at one of our elementary school sites. Our focus is on supporting youth in their academic, social and emotional development. We will also seek leaders who will be able to guide elementary school-aged children in literacy and age appropriate recreation and enrichment activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and manage approximately 20 elementary school-aged children.
- Supervise daily academic lessons.
- Coordinate and organize enrichment activities for elementary school aged
- Develop and encourage consistent study habits/routines.
- Provide a relationship as a positive mentor/ role model to elementary school aged
children in conjunction with program/agency goals.
- Create ongoing communication with site staff and parents.
- Support and build relationships with both parents and program participants.
- Support in creating a positive and safe environment for all program participants.
- Provide supervision during indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assist in the supervision of volunteers and high school staff.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- AA degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or
passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Passion to work with young people ages 5 and up from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a sense of humor, creativity and patience.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience
planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative
practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a
strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual/bicultural in Arabic, Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Vietnamese is
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program
health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual
qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions
must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Leader (Elementary ASP)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com