|Position||Program Specialist (Bayview Youth Advocates) (0.5FTE)|
|Reports to||Program Coordinator (Leadership Development Component)|
|Status||Part Time 20 hours/week, Non Exempt|
CYC – Bayview Youth Advocates (BYA) is a program of the Community Youth Center of San Francisco (CYC) and is comprised of a group of multicultural young people living in Bayview Hunters Point or District 10. CYC – BYA is committed to reducing violence, creating harmony and understanding through advocacy, education, and outreach. Youth participate in weekly after school multicultural leadership workshops and volunteer in monthly community events. Through BYA, youth have the opportunity to share their voices in various spaces in the community and to participate in decision making processes that affect them and their families.
The Bayview Youth Advocates (BYA) Project Assistant will be responsible for developing and leading a youth leadership program at Thurgood Marshall High School. Together with school administrators and Wellness Center staff, BYA Project Assistant will provide leadership and life skills training to a case load of 12-15 high school youth. In addition to weekly workshops, the BYA Project Assistant will also be coordinating monthly volunteer opportunities for youth and providing individualized case management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing curriculum and facilitating leadership and life skills training workshops
- Providing individualized guidance and counseling for youth through bi-weekly/monthly check-ins or when requested, to resolve personal issues that may affect youth performance in program/school
- Cultivating relationships with community partners to coordinate monthly volunteering opportunities
- Maintaining up-to-date youth attendance tracker and case notes
- Complete all required written documentation and reports
- Refer youth to appropriate services within CYC or other agencies
- Supporting program-wide events
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year College or University preferred
- Two years experience working with diverse populations of youth and young adults
- Familiarity with youth leadership development practices
- Demonstrated effective organization and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with PC-based software including Microsoft Office
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: email@example.com
Attn: Program Specialist – BYA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org