|Position||Program Specialist (CAP & FE)|
|Salary||$20-$23/Hour, + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Wellness Services Coordinator (Education)|
|Status||Full Time, (40 hours/week), Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Wellness Services Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for the recruitment, development, coordination, and implementation of the Career Awareness Program targeting middle school aged youth and support the Family Engagement Program at the CYC Aptos Beacon Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive career awareness and exploration curriculum targeting middle school students.
- Recruit participants and implement strategies to ensure retention of youth for successful program completion.
- Conduct assessments to assist students in identifying and exploring their educational, vocational and career goals.
- Coach students and create Individual College and Career Plans (ICCP) that address student pathways to college and career planning.
- Engage student in college preparatory activities to build a college-going culture (i.e. academic planning, guidance on financial aid and college application process, preparing for personal statements, etc.)
- Build a strong network of employer contacts to recruit as guest speakers for curriculum delivery.
- Coordinate fieldtrips to high schools, college campuses, businesses, and vocational programs to increase youth knowledge of secondary and post-secondary education, business pathways, and career options.
- Conduct pre-employment and job readiness activities to prepare youth for internships and jobs (i.e. resume writing, interviewing skills, conducting internship/job search, job application completion, professionalism and workplace expectations, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and information about job markets, career fields, industry trends, and regional demands to provide guidance and support to students in pursuing their educational and career goals.
- Organize College/Career Fairs and culminating events/showcases to engage parents and to celebrate student achievements.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce reports for granting agencies as necessary.
- Ensure program goals and outcomes are met as stated in work plan.
- Coordinate and implement program evaluations as requested by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Collaborate with other CYC Workforce Development Programs to implement events, activities, and other projects to further the goals of the youth workforce development department as needed.
- Work with the Wellness Services Coordinator to implement a comprehensive family engagement program that encourages high levels of family involvement and connection to school.
- Partner with the PTSA and Beacon Leadership Team to develop common vision and goals as related to family engagement and support services.
- Work collaboratively with the school team to conduct outreach activities and promote family events, participation in school committees, meetings, volunteerism, and other shared school wide initiatives.
- Provide family-centered, strength-based, and culturally appropriate supports to families through intakes, social services referrals and enrollment.
- Design and prepare informational materials, written communications and multi-media materials for web and print distribution.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus minimum of 2 years youth development experience. Experience in areas of career and educational planning, counseling, or advising a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, facilitate and implement programs.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Specialist (CAP & FE)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com