|Position||Program Specialist (Multi-Subject Academic Tutor)|
|Salary||$20-$22/Hour, + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Program Supervisor (Education)|
|Status||Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Program Specialist is responsible for the overall implementation and service delivery of the Community Hubs Initiative targeting middle school and highs school aged youth. Responsibilities include program development, facilitation, coordination and retention of program participants. This position will focus on providing 1:1 academic tutoring to students in core academic subjects such as English, Math, Science, Social Studies, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide 1:1 tutoring supports to high need students during the school day to address challenges with virtual/distance learning.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a variety of academic, recreation and enrichment curriculum targeting middle school and high school aged students.
- Teach and engage students in a variety of academic, recreation and enrichment activities.
- Actively supervise participants and ensure all equipment and supplies kept safe at all times.
- Adhere to Department of Public Health guidelines as related to COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff and participants.
- Assist with the cleanliness maintenance and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative
practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with site staff and supervisor as issues arise.
- Work parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between program and families.
- Work with Program Coordinator to do joint planning and ensure Community Hubs Initiative program outcomes are met.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Adhere to all agency procedures, incident reporting and protocols as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus minimum of 2 years youth development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, facilitate and implement programs.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health test as required by program health and safety plan.
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Specialist (CHI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com