|Position||Program Specialist (SFI WBL)|
|Salary||$21-$24/hour + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Program Coordinator|
|Status||Full Time, 40 Hours/Week, Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for the supporting the development, implementation, coordination, and management of the CYC Work Based Learning/Youth Internship Program at San Francisco International High School. The Program Specialist will work closely with students, faculty and industry partners to integrate school day learning outcomes to create real world experiences for students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive career exploration curriculum and internship program targeting high school students.
- Support outreach and recruitment of internships placements for 80-100 students by researching and developing employer contacts in private and public sectors that match student interests and employer needs.
- Build and foster strong relationships with business, community, college and civic partners to support college, career and internship opportunities for students.
- Assist in organizing career days, guest speakers, company field visits, college tours, etc. to expose students to different industries and careers.
- Collaborate with faculty to facilitate student connections to career/college specific professional preparation opportunities and services.
- Secure and managed MOU agreements between CYC and industry partners.
- Facilitate presentations and orientations for both students and industry partners to review program learning outcomes and expectations.
- Conduct assessments to assist students in exploring and identifying their educational, vocational or career goals to ensure internships match student interests and goals.
- Create individual service plans that address student goals and provide barrier removal services as needed.
- Provide support and monitor participant progress and employer satisfaction through regular one-on-one check-in meetings and field visits.
- Compile and maintain program notes and records for both students and hosting sites to track progress and program impact.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and information about job markets, career fields, industry trends, and regional demands to provide guidance and support to students in pursuing their educational and career goals.
- Participate in school team meetings and coordinate with relevant administrators, faculty, student groups, and CBO partners to promote program visibility and coordinate service delivery.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate job readiness, college and career exploration workshops as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases.
- Assist students with pre-employment activities: resume writing, interviewing skills, job searches, job coaching, applicant presentation (proper interview attire and demeanor) and retention practices as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC Workforce Development Programs to implement events, activities, and other projects to further the goals of the youth workforce development department.
- Support the SFI After School Program by providing academic supports and WBL activities as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, or other related fields plus minimum of 1-2 years youth development experience. Experience in areas of career and educational planning, counseling, or advising a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, and implement programs.
- Experience building effective partnerships with schools, community based organizations, funders and employer partners.
- Possess good interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Specialist (SFI WBL)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com