|Position||Program Specialist (STEAM Program)|
|Salary||$18-$21/hour + Excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Beacon Director (Education Component)|
|Status||Full Time, (30 hours/week), Non Exempt|
The Project Specialist is responsible for the overall development, implementation, coordination, and management of the Maker Lab and coordination of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Art, Math) programs at Aptos Middle School. The Project Specialist will work closely with CYC staff, students, and school faculty to integrate school day learning outcomes and promote 21 st century learning in out of school times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage the Maker Lab and coordinate all STEAM related programs at Beacon Center.
- Create curriculum and teach innovative maker/STEAM programs to middle school age youth.
- Produce marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in program.
- Ensure the Maker Lab is supervised and all equipment is maintained, tracked, and protected at all times.
- Coordinate and communicate with the SFUSD Technology Department if technology issues arise.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Collaborate with school and staff to coordinate culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Work with CYC’s STEAM Project Coordinator to do joint planning and ensure STEAM grant program outcomes are met.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus one or more years of experience planning and facilitating STEAM/enrichment activities for youth a plus.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, 3D modeling tools such as SketchUp, TinkerCad, Blender, 3D printing, Laser Cutter, Vinyl Cutter, Heat Press, screen printing, filmmaking, music production, etc.
- Knowledge in providing IT support a plus.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Specialist (STEAM)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org