|Position||Program Specialist (TAP Program)|
|Salary||$20-$22/Hour, + Excellent Benefits|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator (Education Component)|
|Status||Full Time, (30-40 hours/week), Non Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for the overall recruitment, development, coordination, and implementation of the Teen Arts Program at Balboa High School. The TAP Program aims to increase access of artistic and creative programming during out of school times for high school aged youth. The Program Specialist will work closely with the after school program staff, students, and school faculty to integrate different tracks of project based learning programs which include but are not limited to: Film and Music Production, Screen-printing, Photography, and DIY Art Studio. This position will provide academic support and tutoring to students as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, develop, implement, and manage the TAP program at Balboa High School.
- Create curriculum and teach arts programs to high school age youth.
- Provide academic support and tutoring as needed.
- Produce marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in program.
- Ensure the programs are supervised and all equipment is maintained, tracked, and protected at all times.
- Coordinate and communicate with Site Coordinator as issues arise.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Establish and maintain positive and safe learning environments for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Collaborate with school and staff to coordinate culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data collection of services in required databases and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Work with Site Coordinator to do joint planning and ensure BAP grant program outcomes are met.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with other CYC programs to support special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus one or more years of experience planning and facilitating arts programming for youth a plus.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, screen printing, filmmaking, music production, etc.
- Experience in teaching using virtual platform.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict mediation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English language learners to support their social and emotional
learning and development.
- Excellent technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
The Community Youth Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Specialist (TAP)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com