|Position||Tutor (Program Leader – SF International HS)|
|Salary||$17-$19/Hour, 15-20 Hours/Week|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Part Time, Non Exempt (School Year Position: 8/5/19-6/2/20)|
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Tutor (Program Leader) is responsible for providing tutoring and homework help services to high school youth at CYC’s After School Program at SF International High School. The position will also support a variety of academic and enrichment activities as needed. This includes designing curriculum and implementing activities, which incorporates skill building and project based learning that are fun and engaging for youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide academic tutoring and assist students with their daily homework.
- Develop and support a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for high school aged youth as needed.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in afterschool programs.
- Collaborate with school and CYC staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin, is highly preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Tutor – Program Leader (SFI)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org