|Position||Program Specialist (Academic Coach)|
|Salary||$22-$26 per hour, plus excellent benefits|
|Reports to||Site Coordinator|
|Status||Full Time (30 hours/week); Non-Exempt|
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Specialist (Academic Coach) is responsible for providing academic tutoring, educational support and behavioral coaching to youth during the school day and in after school programs. The position is responsible for tutoring high school students in core academic classes such as English, Math, Science, Social Studies, etc. The position may also support a variety of enrichment activities as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide one-on-one and group academic tutoring in core subject areas and behavioral coaching to students.
- Collaborate and coordinate with school day teachers, counselors, and after school staff to identify high needs students who need educational supports.
- Provide 1:1 light case management to students who need social emotional learning and behavioral health supports.
- Provide training and supports to high school volunteer tutors as needed.
- Create incentive plans to encourage student engagement and retention.
- Develop and support a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for youth as needed.
- Support outreach and marketing strategies to recruit and retain youth in afterschool and summer programs.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the school leadership team, community partners, and faculty to design and align programs to support the school’s goals for student development, academic achievement, social and emotional learning.
- Make contact with parents/caregivers in a professional and consistent manner to advise parents on youths’ progress and challenges.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested by funders and supervisor.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields preferred plus 2 years of proven experience in youth development or experience in providing academic supports.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Cantonese/Mandarin, is highly preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
- Ability to complete Covid-19 vaccination requirement unless the individual qualifies for an exemption due to a disability or religious reason. (Exemptions must be approved by H.R.)
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Specialist (Academic Coach)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com