Responding to Anti-Asian Violence
Like you, we’ve been saddened and concerned by the rise of anti-Asian violence nationally and locally. In response, CYC has joined with three other leading Asian Pacific Islander (API) organizations — Chinese for Affirmative Action, Chinese Progressive Association, and New Breath Foundation — to address the safety of our community against violence, racism, and xenophobia.
Together, the Coalition for Community Safety and Justice (CCSJ) is supporting racial harmony and public safety through culturally competent, city-wide networks and programs that address violence prevention and intervention.
As part of our work with the Coalition, CYC is providing community outreach in key neighborhoods and crisis response services for victims of crime. These programs include:
Coordinated Street Outreach:
- Increasing visibility and deepening the relationship with Chinese residents and merchants in key neighborhood corridors
- Reducing street level violence and providing safe passage in key neighborhood corridors and high-crime areas
- Providing neighborhood conflict mediation and violence de-escalation services
- Referring and linking at-risk individuals and residents to available services and programs
- Developing, planning, and implementing violence prevention and reduction events
- Organizing safety trainings for residents and merchants
- Engaging in cross-cultural racial community-building and restorative justice work
Community Crisis Response:
- Partnering with SF Police Department and District Attorney’s Office to establish first contact with victims of crime on a needed basis
- Working with Victims Services to coordinate aftercare services, assistance, and referrals
Please join us by raising awareness for these programs, by referring community members and victims of violence so we can connect them with services and support, and to schedule community safety trainings and events. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 988-1299.
In response to the recent attacks on members of our API community, CCSJ, with Community Youth Center San Francisco as its fiscal agency, is also spearheading the creation of the Victims and Survivors Fund, a direct service and financial resource to assist victims and survivors of violence and their families through trauma, injury, and financial hardship.
100% of your donations go directly to helping individuals and families in need. We appreciate your support for us and for safety, restorative justice, and racial harmony and understanding in our city.