Supporting the Movement
There are many ways to support the Black Lives Matter movement and silence is not one of those options. Below is a list of many ways in which you can lend your voice in support against racism, police brutality, and injustice. The list was compiled by CYC staff and represents a few simple and easy ways in which you can take action by signing petitions, donating to worthy causes, and educating yourself through film.
- Color of Change Petition – Justice for George Floyd
- Change.org Petition – Justice for George Floyd
- #WeCantBreathe Petition
- Change.org Petition – Justice for Tony McDade
- Change.org Petition – Justice for Breonna Taylor
- Change.org Petition – Educating children about racism
- Change.org Petition – Raising the degree on Minnesota officers
If you live internationally and cannot sign petitions without an American postal code feel free to use any of these:
- 90015 – Los Angeles, California
- 10001 – New York City, New York
- 75001 – Dallas, Texas
- Act Blue – Black Lives Matter
- Northstar Health Fund – Medical services and medical supplies
- GoFundMe – George Floyd
- GoFundMe – Breonna Taylor
- Reclaim the Block – Reclaim the Block works to defund the Minneapolis police and move the funds back to the community for reinvestment.
- Black Visions Collective – Black-led Queer and Trans centering organization whose mission is to organize powerful, connected black communities and dismantle systems of violence.
- Know Your Rights Camp – Colin Kaepernick’s nonprofit who is funding a Legal Defense Initiative that will pay for legal assistance for people arrested while protesting.
- National Lawyers Guild – SF – National Lawyers Guild – SF provides legal support for those organizing and protesting against injustice.
- Transgender Gendervariant Intersex Justice Project (TGIJP) – Founded by Miss Major, a Black trans woman and Stonewall veteran, TGIJP works to support Black and Brown trans women in jail and prisons.
- Critical Resistance – Bay Area organization working to build an international movement to end the Prison Industrial Complex.
Want to donate but don’t have any money? Stream this Youtube link as 100% of ad revenue goes to BLM groups (look at comments for rules on how to properly watch/re-watch).
Bail Funds for People Arrested While Protesting
- Minnesota Freedom Fundail Project – Nationwide bail fund
- Bail Project – Nationwide bail fund
- List of additional bail funds organized by state
Furthering Knowledge Through Film
- American Son
- If Beale Street Could Talk
- The Hate You Give
- Black Power Mixtape
- Fruitvale Station
- I Am Not Your Negro
- Just Mercy
- Green Book
- When They See Us
- Dear White People
- Little Fires Everywhere