Although 2020 has been a tough year, our youth are appreciative for your ongoing support and they wanted to express their gratitude this holiday season with the video message above.
The youth and CYC couldn’t have gotten through this year without coming together as a community and responding together to the greatest needs of the community. With your help we were able to:
- Package groceries and hot meals at the Chinatown food pantry
- Raise funds for PPE and distribute them to small businesses, community-based organizations, and the underserved
- Disburse over $1M to 700+ families and 500+ individuals
- Pass out 200 turkeys for Thanksgiving
- Give gift cards to over 200 families for the holidays to obtain essential needs
- Organize a toy drive for youth who were in the most need
- Ensure 150 seniors in the Bayview received a warm blanket and a hot meal in honor of the giving season
The work continues, but it’s nice to stop and reflect on the past year. We are grateful for all of our supporters such as yourself for being there as a pillar in our work. We and the youth in the community wish you and yours a happy holidays and a happy new year. Enjoy the holiday video greeting!