Leave a visible, living legacy for Richmond youth and families
CYC has worked in the Richmond District for over three decades providing opportunities for young people to excel in their lives. Our love and support for the neighborhood and its residents have inspired us to take a big new step—and we’d like you to join us and help revitalize this community, providing support and connection for decades to come.
The Richmond Community Hub will:
- Expand education and employment opportunities to young people, low-income adults, and older adults
- Foster social connection through a mix of culturally and linguistically appropriate outreach, workshops, services, and community events
- Enhance partnerships with local organizations
- Support cultural pride and a family-centered approach
The Richmond Community Hub will include:
- Complementary office space for local nonprofit partners
- Computer Clubhouse and Technology Academy space
- Conference rooms
- Confidential counseling space
- A rooftop garden with solar panels
- CYC administrative offices and workforce development program offices
Our goal and ask of you
Necessary work on the new building to make it ADA compliant and ready for the public will cost $5M. As of early August 2021, CYC has raised over half that total, with important early funding from the CA Department of Parks and Recreation (with the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development as grant administrators), the Office of Economic Workforce and Development’s Nonprofit Sustainability Fund, and private contributions.
Download the Overview and Giving Opportunities brochure for the Richmond Community Hub.
Contribute to this worthy cause by emailing our major gifts team at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 415-775-2636, ext. 242. Thank you.