Do you like matcha? Do you like mochi? Do you like bread? Why not combine all three? Our Program Supervisor, Kayi, shares with us her recipe for matcha mochi bread that keeps her nephew happy during shelter-in-place.
4 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
2 cups cane sugar
1½ tablespoons high-quality matcha powder
One 1-pound box Mochiko flour (also called “sweet rice flour”)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon more for pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Brush a 9×13 baking pan generously with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In another large bowl, whisk together sugar and matcha until completely mixed. Whisk in mochiko.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add melted butter milk and mix fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and rap the pan on the counter a couple of times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes.