|Position||Program Specialist (Workforce Development)|
|Salary||$19.00 – $22.00 per hour ($39,520 – $45,760 per year) plus benefits|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Status||Full Time; Non-Exempt|
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for program planning and implementation, coordinating and facilitating employment readiness workshops/trainings, and provide qualitative/well-rounded youth workforce and development services. The Program Specialist prepares youth and young adults (age 14-24) with basic education and technical skills that are contextualized around a specific industry sector leading to an articulated path to employment, postsecondary education, further sector training or industry-recognized certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and manage the development and implementation of youth workforce programs.
- Target citywide outreach and recruitment focusing on priority populations.
- Conduct assessment, intensive case management, wrap around supportive services.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate vocational training workshops including resume writing assistance, job interview skill-building and strength/talent identification.
- Provide personal and vocational guidance for youth using vocational and interest assessments, and develop individualized vocational goals and plans with participants.
- Coordinate GED attainment services, tutoring services, and basic skills remediation.
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with other post secondary educational and training services.
- Contextualized job readiness training, subsidized internships and adult mentoring.
- Provide job placement assistance, follow up and retention services.
- Meet all deliverable deadlines according to “Work Plan” to ensure planning process, including design of program and service delivery plan, is comprehensive, timely and completed.
- Develop policy and procedure recommendations which articulate the comprehensive program model amongst the grantee and coalition partners.
- Ensure that all program development incorporates local “Youth Program Quality Standards”.
- Recruit worksite to host program participants for internships and providing support to worksite supervisors.
- Prepare program participants for unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Counsel participants in resolving personal issues that may affect work/school performance.
- Cultivate relationships with employers, developing jobs for youth and young adults.
- Support completion of all required written documentation and reports.
- Support agency-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience working with youth, preferably within youth workforce development programs.
- Previous experience in program coordination and development
- Ability to work with ethnically diverse groups of low-income youth as well as English learners to support their social and emotional needs during transition.
- Experience working with San Francisco's diverse communities and neighborhoods.
- Experience working with community-based service providers and private sector partners.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Experience facilitating workshops for youth and young adults.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin/Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for promoting academic achievement and college education.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: [email protected]
Attn: Program Specialist (Workforce)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com