|Case Manager – San Francisco International High School
|$25.00 – $28.00 Per Hour
|Part-Time, 22Hrs/Week; Non-Exempt (Position Ends on 6/4/24)
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Case Manager will be responsible for providing services to newcomer youth and their parents at S.F. International (SFI) High School through coordinated intensive individual and family care management. The Case Manager will be primarily stationed at the SFI Wellness Center, and will provide a single point of entry for assessment, service integration, referral, crisis intervention and case management for youth enrolled at SFI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assessments to determine needs of the youth and their families.
- Develop individualized care plan and monitor implementation of goals.
- Ensure service linkage to mental health services including assessment and counseling sessions.
- Provide crisis intervention, community and support services, information and referral, and advocacy.
- Maintain official contacts to schools, community organizations, and other service providers.
- Participate in school site CCT/SAP/SSC/IEP and other meetings as necessary to provide coordination and social-emotional supports to youth and families.
- Make contact with parents/caregivers, counselors, and teachers in a professional and consistent manner to advise them of youths’ progress and challenges while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Develop cooperative relationships with school personnel, probation officers, parents and families, collaborative agencies and other service providers.
- Develop curriculum and conduct youth life skills groups and workshops covering topics such as: healthy decision making; peer pressure, social media, self-care, etc. as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation on client services.
- Ensure all programmatic reports and evaluations are completed in a timely manner to meet agency and funder compliance.
- Assist with behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, completing incidents reports, etc.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and activities organized by CYC and funding agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and management
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or other human services background is preferred or 2-3 years equivalent experience in adolescent development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Possess high level of personal organization, attention to detail and follow through with a strong ability to keep a cool head in stressful and high-energy environments.
- Ability to collect and interpret data for decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of constituents and have ample knowledge of cultural norms of youth and families living in urban communities.
- Good organizational skills such as: note taking, event planning and coordination, computer/internet use, and administrative skills.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and do data analysis.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Ability to work some evenings.
- Bilingual Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagalog strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Commitment to taking regular Covid-19 health tests as required by program health and safety guidelines and/or current health directives.
CYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Case Manager (SFI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com